Blog posts

3.09.2007

Sunday and editing

I've been talking about editing with photographer Petro Morgos. Petro was out with me last Sunday when I shot this group of four students. He proved a great distraction, so that the students paid less attention to me as I shot.

I am not a fast editor of my own work. I often end up with three or four frames I like, put them in a slideshow and watch the subtle differences flicker past.

So here is an alternate edit of the four students. I actually prefer this shot to the one I first posted. It fits my mood better: even though they are sitting together, three of them look distant, all slightly aloof, lost in their own thoughts. The other shot, taken seven seconds earlier, feels more collegial. Shooting for myself instead of a client, I have the freedom to be moody. No more damn shiny happy people holding hands!

/* Google Analytics code: ----------------------------------------------- */