Blog posts

3.09.2013

Exhibit, symposium, movie, book, photos! Oh my!

Friends, it's been a busy time here recently. Some exciting news and events:

The Susquehanna River, viewed at night from the Route 201 bridge in Vestal, NY, remained well above flood stage 4 days after it flooded in September 2011 following Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee.
  • Some of my photos from Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee (published in the book Flood 2011) are in the exhibit Mighty Susquehanna: Friend and Foe, opening at the Vestal Museum (near Binghamton, NY) on March 10, 1-3 pm. Exhibit runs through May 25.
  • March 11 is the second anniversary of Japan's 3.11 earthquake. Each day this week I'll post a new Fukushima photo on my blog and Facebook page.
  • My photos from Fukushima will be screened at the University of Hawaii, part of the symposium Japan After 3.11:  Change and Hope from the Center of Triple Disasters. March 10, 2 to 4:30 pm at the Center for Korean Studies Auditorium at UH Manoa.  Details here.
  • My brother Davy premieres his new documentary film Medora this week at SXSW. Screenings March 10, 12, 14. Schedule here.
  •  Blurb.com invited me to be one of the photographers featured in their new Designer Collection. The release date for my blurb After Chernobyl book is March 13.
  •  FINALLY, the biggest news I can't tell you yet. Look for an announcement here later this month about my exciting project due out in July.

/* Google Analytics code: ----------------------------------------------- */